Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby!

So February is here, and with it came ice showers!

The weather has turned from inches and inches of snow, to frozen rain and ice showers (the rest of the country are getting ice storms!). So now the mounds of snow by the roads and pavements are covered in a half inch thick layer of ice, as are the pavements and trees...

(That's not dripping, it's solid ice!)

The journey to work this morning was treacherous, with the pavements being so slippy and then where there wasn't ice there were massive puddles of slush.

I thought I'd be clever and walk on the road, but sod's law - as I was nearing work, unscathed a massive lorry drives past splashing me with horrible dirty slush!

I'm hoping I'll make it back to Brooklyn without falling over... fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment