Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wafels and Delicious Dinges...

Christmas must be just around the corner because the Union Square Christmas market is in full swing just around the corner from work. Just like last year it's full of lovely little stalls selling all sorts of different things that make brilliant Christmas present ideas... there's almost too much choice.

As well as beautiful jewellery, paintings, ornaments, gadgets, hats, ponchos, toothbrush holders and cuddly toys there are also some delicious food stalls in the market. Last year Tom, Fay and I had some mighty fine crepes, which Abi and I have sampled again this year but we've also discovered the Wafels and Dinges stall...

They are, without a doubt, the most scrumptiously tasty and more-ish wafels I have EVER had, they're even better than the ones I had in Belgium... they were incredible. 'Dinges' is apparently the Belgian word for 'whatchamacallit' so they're the toppings - you can have strawberries, bananas, chocolate fudge, nutella, dulce de leche, spekulees, walnuts, maple syrup or just butter... any combination you like... we had nutella and dulce de leche, I can still taste it now - it was sooooooo good!

I have a feeling we'll be having a fair few more wafels before flying home in a couple of weeks, if only I could keep them warm while we fly home - I'd bring some home with me.

1 comment: