Sunday, October 31, 2010

Saturday Film Fest...

On Saturday we went to have lunch at Sea in Brooklyn, we've decided that it's our favourite restaurant - the food is delicious and very reasonable, you can get an amazing crunchy seafood salad for $6! When we go we usually get a load of starters, they're all about $6 each and if you get a few of them it's enough for a meal each and you've only spent $15 each... perfect!

After Sea we got the train into town to go to the cinema to see The Social Network.

We'd heard a lot of good reviews about it and it was the Number 1 film in America for ages, even on at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon the cinema was almost full. It's still very popular.

It was a great film, the acting and the script were great and some of the cinematography was beautiful. The story is fascintating - all about the creation of facebook and the scandal surrounding it, I had no idea about Mark Zuckerman (the creator) and how he came to be the worlds youngest BILLIONAIRE! So if you get the chance, I can highly recommend it.

After the Social Network had finished Abi went along to Astor Place to get her hair cut, so I thought I'd go and see Saw 3D - after all, it's Halloween weekend.

I was actually pretty scared before going to see it, usually I have Tom with me to take my mind off it, or make me laugh before the film starts - but this time I was on my own, so I had to get a hotdog to take my mind off things!

It was a good Halloweeny film, a bit silly, very gory and gruesome, but not as bad as the past 6 films! The cinema was pretty full and everyone was screaming out in shock towards the end... it's great when people interact with the films.

Then to finish off the night, when we both got home we watched Top Gun - I'd never seen it before so Abi made sure that I experienced Tom Cruise in all his annoying little-man glory.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be... it was quite good I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when we went to see the first one... I thought it ended with a very clever twist - I think there'll be more to come, even if they say this is the last one. It's the most successful horror franchise of all time so I'd imagine they'll want to cash in on a few more films. I hope you weren't too scared. It felt odd going to watch it by myself too, but the crowd was entertaining with their screams and yelps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we had no trick or treaters so we just had to eat the chocolate ourselves because it goes off you know!

    Pops says he hopes Abi's toothache is soon better!!!!!!He can recommend a good dentist.

    ReplyDelete