Friday, October 29, 2010

Off t' Chippy...

Just over a week into his time here, Ben was already missing home and British food (so was I) so on Tuesday night we went to the Chip Shop in Park Slope in Brooklyn.

A few months ago I had gone to the other Chip Shop in Brooklyn with Will and Ting, this was the original of the two - and I think the better. It seemed to be popular, nearly every table was taken and all the Americans were enjoying (and exclaiming at the size of) the fish and chips.

I don't think they were any bigger than at home, and Americans are the last people I'd think would be surprised at portion sizes!

It didn't feel quite as genuine of as cozy as Tea & Sympathy, I don't know if it was owned by ex-pats or not, but it was being run by a very camp American man - so it certainly felt New Yorky rather than British. But they did have some great memorabilia on the walls and the loos (which were sign posted 'Loos), had UK newspapers as wall paper and an old Blue Peter annual on the wall.

We had some fish and chips, a cup of tea, and how could we resist...

As we left I bought some extortionately priced Wagon Wheels for Abi and got a scotch egg to go (for Abi, not me!). I also got an Aero for my journey back... Mmmmm... Aeros.

No comments:

Post a Comment