Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ye Olde Barber Shoppe...

Last Sunday I went for a wander around Bed-stuy and Williamsburg, I was feeling particularly lue after saying bye to Abi, so I thought I'd go and take some photos and keep myself busy. I was walking around the roads near McCarren Park and stumbled across this amazing old, dilapidated shop which I assume was an old Barber shop judging by the old whirly sign shell...

It was incredible to see such an old looking, worn out shop in an area that's being regenerated or 'gentrified'. All the paint was discoloured and flaking off the wood, the flag in the window was fade and dusty, the random objects in the window were all old and sitting under a blanket of dust...

The colours in all the rusty bits of metal and aged bits of wood were beautiful... it was all so out of place - I loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment