Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Brooklyn Fare...

On Sunday afternoon I went to find the Brooklyn Fare - I'd read about it on some packaging and design blogs recently so I thought I'd look it up. Turns out it's only a few stops away on the G train (the train that's right by my apartment)... Most convenient for a spot of food shopping at the weekends. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, so I had to nab these from the internet...

It's a little bit like a small Chatsworth Farmshop, with a deli counter, a cheese counter, a butcher's counter, there's a little cafe bit too... they also do special eating things where you go and have a meal in the kitchens with the chef preparing your food infront of you - I suppose it's a bit like a Chef's Table, but it's a bit more rough and ready...

Their packaging and overall tone of voice is BRILLIANT! I love it, I thought it felt very British really, the play on words and stuff... the design was done by Mucca Design which is the agency Aaron's friend used to work for...


I went and stocked up on a load of meat ready for some cooking... it's so fantastic having a kitchen that I can use properly, I cooked myself a BIG lasagne last night, there's plenty left if you want some?!

The best thing is, it's cheaper than Whole Foods (which is where I go at the moment because it's just round the corner from work)... I think between now and Christmas there might be some culinary experiments at the weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment