Friday, August 26, 2011

Calm Before The Storm?

Well, it's all over the news - Irene's on her way!

Not that you'd be able to tell by going outside today though. It's a beautifully sunny and hot day, the only clouds in the sky are fluffy white ones and those not even the slightest breeze.

I wasn't feeling too bad about the whole hurricane situation last night, but I made the mistake of watching the news this morning and now I'm feeling a bit more nervous about it. It's a sort of excited nervousness, but my main concern is that if the power goes out, we've got a LOT of meat in the freezer! We might have to have an indoor BBQ.

I think we're going to go and do some provision shopping tonight or tomorrow (chocolate, crisps and booze probably!) and batten down the hatches ready for Sunday. 

As long as we've got internet, I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment