Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beautiful Buildings & Beautiful Burgers...

Last night after work Abi and went for a little walk up 5th Avenue, headed for the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. I love it around Madison Square Park, it's not toooo busy and it's surrounded by beautiful buildings, like the Flat Iron and this clock tower...

It was a beautiful evening and the temperature's started to drop now, so walking around isn't quite as hot, sticky and tiring as it has been this passed month. So queueing up for one of those delicious burgers wasn't too uncomfortable.

While we were in the queue (that was bending round Madison Square Park) we saw something that I never thought I'd see, but that I'd always wanted to see... FIREFLIES! The girl infront of us in the queue spotted one, blinking bright green in the bushes, and then there was another one. They were amazing, their little bums glowed bright bright green as they hovered about. They amazing little things, I still don't know how they glow, perhaps I'll google it in a minute.

We finally got to the front of the queue, placed our orders and sat down with our burgers under the string light canopy.


I've said it before - and I'll say it again, many times - Shake Shack Burgers are the best burgers in New York, there may be some good contenders, but Shake Shack are my number one. We'll still carry on with our research though, we've been a bit slack on the burger front recently - so we'll have to sort that out.

As we sat there with our faces covered in Shake Shack sauce we realised that we'd just been letting silly things at work get to us too much, letting them have too much importance - and we didn't come out here to New York to worry about work, we can do that anywhere. We're here to experience New York, to enjoy everything it has to offer and to get inspired by what we see.

On our walk back down to the subway, we were certainly inspired by what we saw...

We were walking towards Union Square Park and could hear some saxophony jazz coming from somewhere, so we followed the sounds to find a little jazz trio playing in the park, drums, saxophone and double bass...



And then, just before heading down into the subway, we saw this...



I think it was all a sign.

I'm going to go and practice spinning on my head now...

No comments:

Post a Comment