Monday, July 11, 2011

Soggy Friday...

Friday afternoon was wet, very very wet and I got absolutely soaked as I made my way to Crif Dogs to meet Abi and Alice for a drink and by the time I made it there I had rather soggy feet...


I love going to Crif Dogs though, the surrounding area - St. Mark's Place is always full of interesting people and funny sightsts, and despite the grey and damp, it still looked as vibrant as ever...


We made it Crif Dogs just in time for the opening of PDT, the secret bar through the telephone booth in the restaurant. We were on of the first people in, and enjoyed the quiet and cozy bar, sipping some fancy cocktails (well, mine was whiskey and coke, but the ice cube was fancy, it was a very long thick ice cube that took up most of the glass - not leaving much room for the coke after he poured the whisky!). We also had some of their fancy hot dogs.

If you have hot dogs in Crif Dogs, they're amazingly delicious, but they're made with the more regular recipes, like wrapped in bacon, deep-fried and served with a fried egg and some lettuce, or a chili dog. However, if you get into PDT, they have the more gourmet recipes, so there's Mumafuku sauce and molasses.

I had a delicious Wiley Dog - a deep fried dog, with deep fried mayo! Yyyup, they managed to batter and deep fry mayonnaise!!!!! It must be SO bad for you, but as with most things that are fattening, it tasted DELICIOUS!

I know I've already blogged about PDT a couple of times, but it's such a brilliant place, and the whole experience of walking into a telephone booth, picking up the phone and the back wall opening up will never get old.

We had a great time, and managed to leave before it go too busy, or the regulars got too grouchy...

Grrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment