Monday, January 31, 2011

Staten Island Adventure...

On Saturday morning I went on a little adventure to Staten Island.

I've only ever been to Staten Island once before and that was a fairly brief trip to Snug Harbor, I didn't really think about the rest of Staten Island, but I realised on Saturday just how big it is.

I took the bus this time, so my journey took me across the bridge and through the suburban bits of Staten Island - it felt completely different to New York and Brooklyn, it seemed a lot more like the rest of America (from what I've seen). I think the pace of life must be completely different just across the water.

On the way back to Brooklyn I took a different route, I got a bus to the ferry port and took the free Ferry back to Manhattan, which despite being a bit grey and cold, still looked incredible...

I stood at the front of the ferry the whole way there, not quite like the Titanic but worryingly there were blocks of ice in the water!


It was a great little adventure - I think there's still quite a bit of Staten Island to explore, so maybe when it warms up a bit we'll go back.

1 comment:

  1. oooH that looks so cold and wintry - is it just because it's in black and white?!
    At least you've seen it all at its least touristy time. Thank you so much for going.

    ReplyDelete