Thursday, January 6, 2011

Singing On The Stairs...

This afternoon, as we were stepping out of the office for lunch we heard three guys out on the pavement singing Proud Mary acapella, they sounded absolutely amazing and I wanted to take a video of them but I didn't have my phone with me, and they'd gone when we came back.

Then a little later this afternoon I thought I heard them again, so I went over to the window to see if they were down on the pavement again, but the sound wasn't coming from outside, it was closer...

I walked over to the fire escape door and realised that the singing was coming from the staircase. This isn't the best video in the world, but hopefully you can hear them signing OK, they sounded amazing and when they were talking they sounded like real characters. Old hands talking about 'opening the song up' and different harmonies. It was great, and just another amazing thing that you'd never expect to see or hear, but something that seems very New York...


1 comment:

  1. that is like something from a film, maybe they'll be famous one day and you can say you heard them in a stairwell first!

    ReplyDelete