Monday, January 17, 2011

Go Jets!

On Sunday afternoon the NY Jets were playing the New England Patriots in the NFL playoffs (that sentance might make it sound like I know what I'm talking about, but I don't really...), so we met Ben in Anima (Ben's home away from home) to watch the game with a few drinks.

The bar was busy with Jets fans, lots of funny characters sitting at the bar, shouting at the telly. It made the whole game far more entertaining, I spent more time watching the old men giving running commentary that I did watching the game...



At the moment, the NFL playoffs are leading up to the Superbowl next month, so if you win your game you're one step closer to making it to the Superbowl - if you lose, you're out.

Luckily the Jets won - so they're one step closer to Miami. At the end of the game everyone in the bar was given a free shot of something green and we all toasted 'Gang-green's going to Miami!' (Gang-green is the Jets knickname - not the most fortunate of knicknames though really... being named after a disease isn't the greatest start)...


Things will get more exciting with each game they play - I hate to say it, but I might actually get into American Football!

No comments:

Post a Comment