Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When It Rains...

... it bloody POURS!

There were HUGE storms yesterday evening, just as we were getting on the subway in Manhattan it started to rain and then when we got out of the subway in Brooklyn it was absolutely tipping down. Big, ploppy, hollywood rain drops were relentlessly coming down, soaking everything and everyone around.

Unfortunately I had to go and get the laundry, and I'd forgotten and umberella, and I was wearing a t-shirt, and flip-flops, and I got very very very very wet. I may as well had just jumped in a swimming pool or climbed in a shower with my clothes on, I was soaked through. My legs had turned blue from the dye from my jeans and my clothes were still wet this morning. Still, once you get to a level of being wet, that you can't get any wetter, it becomes a bit more fun.

On the way back from the laundrette the puddles on the road were starting to become rivers and the drains were flooding. When I was a couple of blocks away from the apartment I heard a load of sirens and all of a sudden three fire engines appeared, blocking off the road with their lights flashing. I started to walk a bit slower to see what was going on, but I think they were just in a hurry to unblock the drains or something... I couldn't really tell.

It looked quite dramatic though.

1 comment:

  1. Yet another form of contrast to experience in NYC. Rain puts hairs on your chest and makes your hair curl = so you see you had a lot of rainy days in your childhood!!

    ReplyDelete