Friday, August 6, 2010

Gordon Bennett!

When Abi and I were mooching around Atlantic Avenue we saw some amazing robots for sale in the junk shop that we found. The little robots had been built using all sorts of weird and wonderful bits and pieces, and being set amongst the other items of furniture and junk they look right at home.

They're all built by Gordon Bennett at the Bennett Robot Works and are some sale around in various places around Brooklyn, I think we might have seen one at the Brooklyn Flea a couple of months ago.

There are LOADS of them on the Bennett Robot Works website (here) - they all have very individual looks and personalities - they're absolutely fantastic!

This particular one was in the shop at the back - I love his camera for a head. They all reminded me a bit of Wall•E, I can imagine they all come to life when the shop's closed...

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember a programme called Bitsa (or something like that) when teams had to make an oject out of a collection of bits and pieces in a certain time? This reminds me of that.

    Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very funny you should mention Bitsa beacuse Abi and I were watching old videos of Bitsa on YouTube a couple of weeks ago!

    # Bits and pieces, bits and bobs, put them all together and what have you got? #

    I loved that programme...

    VERY happy days!

    ReplyDelete