Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Little Smackeral...

We had a little wander around the Broadway and Bleeker Street area after the museum and stumbled across a little patisserie down a side street. After such a big brunch you would think that one might be a bit full...

Think again.

I must make it clear now that I didn't order a pudding at all, I merely had a can of coke. This was all Abi's work - a strawberry tart and a chocolate oreo cheesecake! I was lucky enough to be allowed to try some of each - they were delicious and they didn't hang around for long - they were gone by the time I was halfway through my drink!

It was a lovely little place and it felt very European, I think we must have been channelling Mops & Pop's Italian adventure, there was even a European sounding man sitting at the table next to us, so it felt like we were on a little holiday too.

It was a lovely way to end the afternoon and another new discovery in another different part of Manhattan. There really is something new around every corner - however corny that sounds, it's true!

1 comment:

  1. Now I think that would have tasted better eating it with fingers. Abi is TOO polite!

    ReplyDelete