Sunday, May 9, 2010

One Year Today...

This time 1 year ago my plane had landed into JFK airport and I was frantically trying to direct my taxi driver to my apartment - the apartment that I'd never been to, in a part of the city I'd never been to, which I would be sharing with people I'd never met and barely spoken to...

The first couple of months were pretty bloody tough, and for the first two or three weeks I just wanted to come home again - but now things have got a lot easier and although I miss home more than ever and I'm counting down the days until we're flying back (74!), I'm glad I stuck it out and stayed out here.

It would have been 1000 times harder if I wasn't so spoilt with all your visits, and it's not long now until Tom's here (next month!) - it's incredibly hard being away from you all this time, but it's lovely being able to share my adventures with you too.

It feels like Abi and I have only just started our own little adventure (it's barely been 2 months since Abi arrived), so hopefully there'll be plently more stories to come. We've got some trips that we want to take and we're planning those so there might be some non-New York (and hopefully non-food related) posts on their way in the next couple of months!

1 comment:

  1. (From Pops)

    I'm very glad you had the courage to stay and experience real New York life for yourself. Its hard to imagine what those first few days and weeks must have been like for you, and that first taxi ride in particular. This blog will be a great way to remember all the things you've seen and done in the last 12 months - and beyond!

    ReplyDelete