Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saturday Stroll with Jonny...

On Saturday I met up with Jonny for some lunch at the South Street Seaport, it was gloriously sunny and blummin' boiling in the sun - so we sat outside and had some fish and chips and a beer. Then we made our way towards the Brooklyn Bridge...

It was lovely walking over the bridge in the sunshine, you could see the skyline of Manhattan so clearly from half way across.

When we got to the other side, we walked around the boardwalky area underneath the bridge. As ever there were lots of wedding photos being taken, lots of different parties or different sizes, lots of interesting styles of dresses and suits. There was also a veeeeery interesting wedding car - I wish I'd taken a photo of it. It was a stretched Hummer that had some extras added, they'd put an extra bit on the roof so that people could stand (or nearly) stand in the middle bit, then at the back they had some strange section that looked like the back of a boat - it had some open air seating with a canvas roof over it. I'll try and find a photo, I think Jonny took one.

We walked around DUMBO for a little bit, the cobbled streets and old factory buildings are fantastic around there and the views of the bridges and the Manhattan skyline are beautiful, it's now wonder it costs so much money to live there...

(You can't really tell from this shoddy photo (it was on my phone) but you can see the Empire State Building in between the legs of the bridge... I might retake the photo on my proper camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment