Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kick Ass Burger...

Hello, I'm sorry I've been rubbish with putting things up on the blog - this past week has been a bit busy at work (good busy though)...

After the busy week though, Abi and I went on another date on Friday. We went for a quick drink after work with Jonny at The Coffee Shop on Union Square and then walked down University Place to Stand Burger. Stand Burger was one of the first burger restaurants I went to when I got here (nearly a year ago), I went there before going to see a film about Milton Glaser... and Abi and I also went when she came in the summer last year - so it was lovely to go back again.

Whilst enjoying our burgers and shoestring fries we came to the conclusion that Stand Burger is (so far) the best burgers we've eaten in New York, we decided that our Top 3 is:

1. Stand Burger
2. Shake Shack
3. Tick Tock Diner
3. BLT Burger

I think some more extensive research is needed, but so far - that's our Top 3.

After our grub, we went to go and see Kick Ass at the cinema on 14th Street - it was BRILLIANT!

It was incredibly funny and terribly violent and like nothing we'd seen before - a very good recommendation from Mister Tom. The whole cinema were interacting (you would have been in good company Pops), Ooohing and Oowing and laughing out loud. It's always fun seeing films in American cinemas because they seem to get so much more involved - and not in an annoying way... well, not all the time anyway.

It was a lovely evening - and I have to admit, writting about the burger now has brought all the flavours back and now I'm craving one. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Well it's been a while since I posted a comment too and I've had to start again! I was saying your blog makes us hungry but also we had some yummy Chatsworth burgers for our 1st 2010 BBQ.

    Good to be back blogging!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - it'd been a wee while since the last blog...

    Having only had one burger in NYC last summer, I think some more research will be required in a few weeks. Hot Dawgs and Burgers - mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you ever go to nyc queens go to astoria and to the crave shack have a Donut Burger!!!! They are out of this world! Amazing! you have to try it...

    ReplyDelete