Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bleeker Street...


After exploring the Meat Packing District, I moseyed over to SoHo and came across another street fair along Bleeker Street. All the street fairs seem to have certain staple stalls, mainly corn on the cob stands, corn dogs, fruit and freshly squeezed lemonade (delicious!), but this one, being in fancy SoHo had some pretty nice jewellery stalls and some arty farty types.

At the end of Bleeker Street there was a little play ground with these water fountains shooting water out - I tried to get a good shot of them, but it hasn't really come out too well (also I was a wee bit worried people might think I was a bit strange - scruffy looking chap, wondering a playground on his own, taking photos... I tried to play it cool though)...

2 comments:

  1. This reminds us of the Paul Simon song, but we thought tramps lived in Bleeker street - maybe that was way back then!
    It looks wonderful and you have captured the mood. can't wait to see it with you.
    Why has SoHo got a capital letter? Does it stand for something?
    I wonder if the lemonade tastes as good as Grannie's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think SoHo is South Housten... or South of Housten? There's a NoHo as well for the North.

    The Lemonade at the fairs is delicious but it's not a patch on Grannie's!

    ReplyDelete