Wednesday, August 8, 2012

JR...

A wee while ago I think I posted something about JR - a French street artist who's doing a huge global project. He won the TED Prize last year (or the year before?) for all his work...

 Every now and then there seems to be some new pieces of his popping up around New York. He seems to have been busy recently, with a HUGE piece overlooking the Highline, and another couple of pieces down in SoHo, and I just found out that he's done another piece over looking the Williamsburg Bridge.

I always love seeing his stuff around New York. Those big black and white faces, full of character, peering over building sites, or towering over walkways, they're fantastic. 

Here's the one over looking the top end of the Highline...

... and here's one from down on Prince Street in SoHo...
I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come too.

1 comment:

  1. I have finally caught up on your blog and it sounds like your wEdnesday walks are inspirational . So much to explore and all very detailed. Good to be finally in touch with you again. I hope it is less humid when you return.

    ReplyDelete