Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cozy Evening Out...

It seems to have suddenly got bitterly cold outside, and is only set to get worse - with snow forecast I think we're getting your snow from home... I hope so anyway because I'm getting a little jealous of the winter wonderland that you've got!

So yesterday evening, after being out in the cold, we thought we'd go somewhere nice and warm, so we went back to a little restaurant in Brooklyn called El Almacen. We'd been there a few months ago with Jonny and really enjoyed it and had been meaning to go back for a while - so last night, we did...

We seemed to get there at the perfect time too, we walked in and got a table straight away, even though it was quite busy and then as soon as we sat down - it seemed the whole of Brooklyn turned up wanting a table.

The food was delicious, Abi had a juicy steak and I had some chicken roulade with some truffley mash - it was perfect for a cold December evening.

It was so lovely and cozy in there, it's not a very big place so it feel nice and intimate and the lighting's nice and moody (any moodier and I think I would have been falling asleep).

There's such a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant, the staff are really friendly and everyone there seemed to be having a lovely evening too.

We finished off with some scrumptious puddings, I'll say 'we' had (but really, Abi had) some Churros with chocolate and delche de leche dipping sauce and a little chocolate pudding... they were delcious!

It's a really lovely little restaurant and I'm so glad we got to go back, I don't think it'll be the last time we go either.

No comments:

Post a Comment