Sunday, December 5, 2010

Brooklyn Brewery...

Yesterday afternoon Ben and I went to the Brooklyn Brewery for a few drinks and to go on the tour that Tom and I went on in the summer.

When we got there it wasn't very busy, but by the time were were on to our second pint, the place was heaving! Loads of people had gone along to the brewery bar and taken lots of lovely looking food with them. People had tubs full of cupcakes, pigs in blankets, pizza, bagels... all sorts. We were tempted to steal some of the pigs in blankets!

The 'tour' wasn't as good as it was in the summer - the brewery's currently going under a massive expansion, they're going to go from making 10,000 bottles in Brooklyn to around 100,000 within a couple of years. So we weren't able to go into the main brewing room that Tom and I went into.

It made me glad that Tom and I went on the tour when we did, we'll have seen the brewery when it was still fairly small, and had a drink at the brewery bar before it got expanded and made fancier. I think we'll have to go again in February though, apparently they're releasing a special beer called Black Ops which is soaked in beer barrell and they only make it for 1 month - February! So I think a special birthday drink will be in order.

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good plan for Tom's birthday. Perfect timing.
    XX

    ReplyDelete