Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mint & Serf...

While we were mooching about yesterday we stumbled across a few of these sculptural tags stuck on the walls down in Tribeca...

 I'd seen them before on blogs and in books, but never in real life - they by an duo called Mint & Serf (and I think in collaboration with Thunderdog Studios in New York?). They're 3D graffiti tags, cast out of plaster or concrete or something, and stuck up on the walls.

They're brilliant - I've never seen that kind of thing before, and with all the street art in New York it's great that this is something completely unique!

1 comment:

  1. I have been seeing those around tribeca as well. Right on about it being unique. I've never seen anything quite like it before. Mint and Serf are definitely adding a nice new dimension to the street scene.

    ReplyDelete