Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shop Fronts...

A while ago I said that I wanted to go out and take some photos of the different shop fronts around our neighbourhood - well I still really want to (I'm not sure why I haven't yet), and I'm even more inspired to after finding a book on Amazon called 'Brooklyn Storefronts' by Paul Lacy.

It's a little book full of the kind of shops we have right near our apartment - lots of funny looking signs, old hand painted signs, strange versions of the English language, great typography examples - all sorts.

I pass this shop every day and always think how great the signs are...

I love the red and yellow and the hand painted typo on the Diamonds, the awful 'We Pay Top Dollar's' bit, and all the repetion - just incase it wasn't clear what they sold.

So, I think it's about time I got out and started taking some of these shop front photos and collecting them together. Perhaps by the end of the year I could have a nice collection to show you all?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like next year's calendar has a theme already.

    We love the 60th birthday photo's. Happy times. XX

    ReplyDelete