Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ladies Night...

On Saturday evening Abi and I went on a little date to see Sex & The City 2. Abi's been looking forward to seeing it for ages and where better to be seeing it, than actually in 'The City'!

We arrived about 45 minutes early because we were expecting there to be a bit of a queue and we wanted to make sure we weren't on the front row. Abi had already bought the tickets, so that meant we didn't have to wait for ages, so we went upstairs to the theatre where we were greeted by a pretty sizeable queue...

It was funny seeing all the groups of 4 girls, dressed up in dresses and high-heels... it was a proper event for them, it made me feel quite special really. I've not been to see a film where people have dressed up for it before, I wish I'd worn my dress now.

As we joined the back of the queue I noticed about 2 other men waiting, one of which I'm pretty sure was as bent as a question mark. As we waited the queue got bigger and bigger and it wasn't long before it was snaking comepletely back on itself.

Luckily, after the stampede to get in to the theatre, we were able to get the best seats in the house - at the very back near the disabled section (lots of leg room).

Everyone in the audience seemed to be loving the film, laughing and clapping and shreeking - it made the whole thing a fun experience, people were far more interactive with the film than usual... I have to admit, I actually enjoyed myself.

After the film Abi took me out for a very tasty meal at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square - we ended up getting there at about 11pmish and it was busier than I've ever seen it! It was crazy, even at midnight there were people queueing for tables. Once you're down in the restaurant there aren't any windows or clocks (like Vegas!) so you can't really tell when time it is, so we didn't feel tired or anything.

It was a fantastic evening, very VERY New Yorky... we loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment