Monday, January 25, 2010

Sweet Sounds in the Subway...

It was a bit of a horrible day today... 12 hours in the office and pouring with rain outside, all day long - but when I was walking through 14th Street Union Square station I heard the most incredible singing that completely made my day.



They're an acappella gospel group called Made Over and they were just amazing. I managed to find this video of them on the You Tube, but it's the same three men singing just as beautifully.

I think the buskers in the subway stations save the day sometimes. It really was a gloomy Monday until I heard them - I'm glad I had a few $1 bills to put in their collection.

3 comments:

  1. It's great to have your blog to read again, although a little worrying to read of 12 hour days already.
    We can't get the link to work right now, but will try again.
    Had a hot dog yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time the video link worked and we could hear the singing. It;s great! Maybe I could work with them doing the clapping ! Thanks for sharing this with us - welcome back to NYC. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I've not had a hotdog yet. I was very tempted this lunch time... I have had a pizza though, a huge pepperoni one!

    I walked out of work this morning to get some milk and looked up at the Empire State Building - it made me feel very strange, good strange - but I realised 'Blimey, I'm back in New York!'... it's an odd feeling. I still can't believe I'm here. I wish you were too x x x x x x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete