Saturday, December 3, 2011

Super Limited Edition & Incredibly Rare Screen Prints...


Now that you've got your screen prints I can finally show you some pictures from my course at 3rd Ward! I really want to show you some photos right after I printed them, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise.

The screen printing process is pretty complicated, and there are lots of steps, so I won't go into them all, but once the screens were developed with our designs on we were ready to plop on some ink and start printing...



... and then run some ink over the screen before it was ready to print...


It took a LOT more test prints than I thought it would before the prints were coming out right, which explains why there were only really 5 good prints in each batch, but I think as I do more printing I'll get the hang of it a bit better.



It was great to be able to experiment with a couple of different paper types and different coloured inks, I was pretty pleased with how they came out in the end, I was even more pleased I was able to share them with you!


The screen printing course was an absolutely brilliant birthday present - thank you Mops and Pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment