Monday, October 5, 2009

Pomme Frites...

Yesterday, whilst on a very unsuccessful shopping trip, I stumbled upon a little place called Pomme Frites. It does 'Authentic Belgian Fries' and they have a choice of loads of different sauces that you can have either drizzled on the chips or on the side.

I had Spicy Peanut Satay on mine - they were yummy! Although next time I think I'll just get the regular size and not the large... the large is a little large.

I took my pomme frites and sat on the stoop outside Jules on St. Mark's Place. It looked like a really lovely little restaurant and they have some incredible live jazz playing. It was probably a bit cheeky to sit outside enjoying the music whilst eating food from somewhere else, but it was so lovely.

I really like St. Mark's Place, it has lots of really quirky shops and restaurants and bars around there (and of course Crif Dogs!), and the roads are tree lined so it feels really green. I still find that amazing about New York, that you can turn a corner and it feels like you're in a completely different city, one second you can see all the sky scrapers, the next you're walking down a lovely green street with residential houses on... I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment